“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information we may collect includes:
• Mailing and email addresses.
• Telephone number.
• If you submit a job application through the Site, resume, CV and cover letter, or similar information submitted in connection with your job application.
• If you submit a rental application online through the Site, your cédula number, financial account information, date of birth, and employment/salary information, or similar information submitted in connection with your rental application.
• If you submit a sell/rent-my-property form through the Site, your cédula number, address and pictures of the property, or similar information submitted in connection with the sell/rent-my-property form.
We and our service providers may use your Personal Information:
• To respond to your inquiries; fulfill your requests; complete your purchases, rentals, and sales; and provide you with related customer service.
• To send you administrative information, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, as well as marketing communications we believe may be of interest.
• To personalize your experience on the Site and facilitate social sharing functionality.
• To process your job application, such as by assessing your qualifications and capabilities for a job, conducting references checks, and conducting background checks if we offer you a position.
• To process your rental application, such as by assessing your rental needs, credit profile, and employment history.
• To process your sell/rent-my-property form, such as by assessing the data and property photos.
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, new product development, improving or modifying our Site, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
• To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
• To credit bureaus and agencies, in connection with processing your rental application.
• By you, on message boards, profile pages, and services to which you are able to post information and materials publicly. Please note: any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information.
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, our affiliates, or others. We may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual. Other Information we may collect includes:
• Browser and device information.
• IP address.
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
• Demographic and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, or information that has been aggregated in a manner that does not reveal your specific identity.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through your browser or device. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure the Site functions properly.
• Pixel tags and similar technologies. Pixel tags (also known as “web beacons” and “clear GIFs”) may be used to, among other things, track Site user and email recipient actions, measure marketing campaign success, and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
• Analytics. We use Google Analytics, which employs cookies and similar technologies to collect and analyze information about use of the Services and report on activities and trends. Google Analytics may also collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by visiting policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, and you may opt out of having data collected by them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• IP Address. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and automatically logged in our server log files, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited, whenever a user accesses the Site. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system is guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you no longer want to receive our marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out by using the mechanism contained in each email. If you would like to update the Personal Information you have provided to us, you may do so by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under eighteen. If there is an unintended collection of Personal Information from individuals under eighteen, we will act in accordance with Article 7 of Law 1581 of 2012 and Article 12 of Decree 1377 of 2013.
We control and operate the Site from the city of Cartagena de Indias in the Republic of Colombia, and the Site is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any municipality, state, country, or territory other than that of the city of Cartagena de Indias in the Republic of Colombia.
Last Updated: November 21, 2020